An Autumn favorite. This soup recipe will nourish your body and will fill your home with the comforting smell of fall. We love to serve this soup with crostini or homemade sourdough croutons. Enjoy!
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and seeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cardamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp grated ginger
- 2 to 3 Tbsp madras curry paste
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 – 400 ml can coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Toss squash with oil, place in baking dish. Mix spices together and sprinkle over squash. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in heavy pot. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add stock and squash to pot.
- With an immersion blender (see Breville Immersion Blender) puree the soup.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add coconut milk and and heat through.