Just in time for Father’s Day and BBQ season. The Best Burger recipe is a winner and we guarantee a juicy, flavourful beef burger every time! We like to load our burgers on locally baked buns with fresh greens, sharp cheddar cheese, fresh tomato and all of our favourite condiments. Enjoy!
- 1 organic egg
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ cup dry breadcrumbs or panko
- 1 small onion, grated finely
- 2 tsp good quality Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 pound grass fed organic ground beef
- Beat egg and water with fork in a mixing bowl
- Mix in bread crumbs or panko, onion, mustard, salt, Worcestershire and black pepper.
- Add beef. And gently mix together. Careful not to over work the meat, it can become paste like and will dry out the burgers.
- Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties. (You can make these ahead of time and refrigerate for up to 6 hours. Or layer between waxed paper in an airtight container and freeze. We recommend thawing them in refrigerator).
- Place patties on greased BBQ over medium-high heat
- Cook the burgers with the lid closed for 5 minutes. Then turn patties and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until they are no longer pink on the inside. The sugars from the mustard and Worcestershire will create a crunchy crust on the burger sealing in the juices.
- Serve in fresh baked buns with all your favourite toppings!