It’s grill season again! There is nothing better than a warm evening dinner prepared on the grill. We love this recipe for juicy grilled pork tenderloin topped with fresh mango and crunchy apple and cucumber salsa. Serve it with rice or potatoes. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 (1-pound) organic pork tenderloins
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Toast cumin seeds and peppercorns in a dry cast iron pan over medium heat. Shake often for a few minutes or until spices are fragrant. Transfer to a mixing bowl to cool and crush with a mortar and pestle.
- Sprinkle pork with spice mixture and crushed garlic. Make sure the tenderloin is well coated – you might want to press the spices into the meat. Cover and chill for up to 8 hours.
- Heat your grill to 350° or 400°.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and add to the hot grill, covered with lid. Turn the meat gently every 5 minutes. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until thermometer registers 155° and tenderloin is slightly pink in center.
- Place pork on a cutting board and loosely cover with foil (tent) and let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve with Apple Cucumber Salsa.
Apple Cucumber Salsa
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 1/2 long english cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 purple onion, finely diced
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 fresh mango, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 small minced jalapeño
- 1 lime, juiced
- Combine chopped fruit, chopped cucumber, chopped pepper, diced red onion, cilantro, sugar, minced jalapeño, lime juice, olive oil, and salt in a bowl.
- Top on grilled pork tenderloin and enjoy!