This recipe is a twist on everyone’s favorite Thai dish, Pad Thai. This dish can be whipped up in minutes, it’s fresh, flavorful and good for you! You won’t even miss the noodles, we promise. We enjoy this recipe without any fish or meat but if you desire sauteed chicken or prawns are a nice protein compliment to the crispy raw veggies and creamy sauce.
- 1 large daikon radish, peeled
- 4 medium organic carrots, peeled
- 2 large zucchini
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, finely sliced (we use the whole onion)
- 1 package organic extra-firm tofu (we use Silverking tofu)
- 1 handful cilantro – chopped2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 wedges of lime, for serving
- 1 Thai chili (optional if you like a lot of spice and color!)
- ½ cup organic peanut butter
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons water, to thin
- Using your Benriner Spiralizer create noodles out of the radish, carrots, and zucchini.
- Transfer the noodles to a large serving bowl. Add the bean sprouts, cilantro and
- Add the bean sprouts, cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Slice tofu into 1/4 inch squares and add to serving bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle sauce over veggies and tofu, enough to coat – careful not to over sauce.
- With your hands gently toss the mixture until everything is evenly coated.
- Garnish with fresh lime wedges and more chopped cilantro.