Stamped Knives are cut into a shape from a cold rolled piece of steel and then ground, tempered, and sharpened. It requires many fewer steps than forging and results in a lighter, narrower blade. Stamped knives are easier to produce and therefore less expensive and can be resharpened over and over again.. They perform very well and can approach the quality of a forged blade (but not the weight or feel). A stamped knife can usually be identified by the absence of a bolster. Our patented Fibrox handles are hygienic, dishwasher safe and slip-resistant.
- For cutting bread or any other food of soft substance with a tough skin or crust
- High carbon, stainless steel single bevel blade
- The special tempering process is used to resharpen over and over again.
- Each Victorinox knife is stamped from a single sheet of metal.
- Our patented Fibrox handles are hygienic, dishwasher safe and slip-resistant.